BBQ Rub Roasted Chickens with Potatoes and Carrots
Cooking time45 min
This BBQ rub roasted chickens with potatoes and carrots recipe teaches you how to make mesmerizing and super tasty chicken dish. This recipe allows you to make 4 servings and it can be made within 90 minutes.
1) Oven must be preheated to 375 Degree Fahrenheit,
2) Brown sugar, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, 2 teaspoons pepper and 4 teaspoons salt should be stirred together.
3) Giblets and necks have to be removed from the chicken.
4) The next step is to pat dry the chicken.
5) One teaspoon brown sugar mixture should be sprinkled inside the cavity of each chicken.
6) One tablespoon olive oil needs to be rubbed into the skin of each chicken.
7) The remaining brown sugar mixture should also be sprinkled evenly and rubbed.
8) The wing tips must be tucked under.
9) Carrots, potatoes and the remaining half teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil have to be tossed together.
10) The potato mixture has to be sprinkled in a rimmed baking sheet (17/12-inch) in a single layer.
11) Chickens need to be placed breast side up and they should be kept facing in opposite directions on top of the potato mixture.
12) It should be baked in a preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes. (You can stop when a thermometer inserted in the thickest area shows 165 Degree Fahrenheit.
13) You need to cover and leave for 10 minutes before slicing.
14) Parsley must be stirred into vegetables.
15) It can be served with buttermilk dressing.
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley - 1 tablespoon. (Chopped)
- Baby carrots - 1 package (8 ounces)
- Small red potatoes - 1 1/2 pounds (Halved)
- Olive oil - 3 tablespoons (Divided)
- Whole chickens - 2 nos. (4 to 5 lb)
- Black pepper - 2 1/2 teaspoons. (Divided)
- Kosher salt - 5 teaspoons. (Divided)
- Onion powder - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Garlic powder - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Ground cumin - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Smoked paprika - 1 tablespoon.
- Dark brown sugar - 4 teaspoons.