Cooking time45 min
This Beef Bourguignon recipe teaches you how to make a highly flavorsome beef dish that looks really good.
This beef bourguignon can be served for 8 people with the ingredients recommended in this recipe and it can be made within 1 hour and 10 minutes.
1) First of all, oven needs to be preheated to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) The meat must be taken out of the refrigerator and brought to room temperature for 20 minutes.
3) Take a large casserole and heat the oil.
4) The stew meat should be browned well on all sides. (Work in batches).
5) The onions and carrots must be cooked in the same pot until they become lightly golden and tender.
6) Garlic needs to be added and cooked for one minute.
7) Now, you have to add flour and cook for 2 minutes. (Keep on stirring).
8) The stock and wine must be pored over.
9) The bouquet Garni should also be added.
10) The next step is to return the meat to the pot and cover.
11) It should be transferred to the oven and baked for 2 hours until the meat becomes really tender.
12) For garnishing purposes, the oil must be heated in a pan and the bacon needs to be browned.
13) Remove it from the pan and, add onions and cook until they turn brown all over.
14) They should be removed and the mushrooms have to be browned.
15) Remove the mushrooms and the pan should be deglazed with 1/2 cup water before pouring over the garnish.
16) Set aside.
17) When the meat is cooked, take it out from the pot.
18) The stock must be strained by discarding the vegetables.
19) The liquid needs to be added back to the pot and boiled until it becomes thick enough to coat a spoon.
20) The must once again be returned to the pan and the garnish has to be added.
21) It should be covered and simmered for 10 minutes until the onions become tender and the flavors blended correctly.
22) The seasoning must be adjusted before serving.
- #For the stew#
- 1) Olive oil or pork fat – 2 tablespoons. (Keep some more if needed)
- 2) Boneless stew beef – 4 pounds. (You can use sirloin tip or chuck and it should be cut into large chunks).
- 3) Onions – 2 nos. (They should be peeled and halved).
- 4) Carrots – 2 nos. (They must be peeled and halved).
- 5) Garlic cloves – 4 nos. (They should be crushed).
- 6) Red wine – 1 bottle (750 ml).
- 7) All-purpose flour – 1/4 cup.
- 8) Beef stock – 4 cups.
- 9) Garni - 1 bouquet (It has to be made from thyme sprigs, parsley stems and bay leaf).
- #For the garnishing purposes#
- 1) Baby onions – 40 nos. (They must be peeled).
- 2) Olive oil – 1 tablespoon. (You can keep a bit more).
- 3) Bacon - 6 to 8 slices (They must be cut into lardons).
- 4) Mushrooms - 16 ounces.