Cooking time45 min
Some dishes can take your taste buds into an unbelievable culinary exploration. This beef goulash recipe definitely teaches you how to make such a dish. This beef goulash recipe allows you to make 4 servings and you can make this dish within 1 hour and 25 minutes.
1) The flour has to be placed in a clean plastic bag.
2) A few pieces of meat must be shaken in the bag and you can stop when dusted in slight way.
3) This process should be continued until all pieces are coated.
4) Two tablespoon oil must be heated in a large frying pan and the heat has to be kept medium.
5) Beef should be cooked in batches and you can stop when they are browned.
6) The meat has to be transferred to a lidded saucepan or casserole dish.
7) Onions must be fried over low heat and you can stop when they become tender.
8) Allspice, bay leaf, paprika and onions have to be added to the casserole and cooked for 2 to 3 minutes. (Keep on stirring while cooking)
9) The stock needs to be poured in and brought to the boil.
10) The pan must be covered and simmered over low heat for one hour. (Stop when the meat turns tender)
11) 50 ml cold water and corn flour have to be mixed and you need to add the tomato puree and the Tabasco sauce.
12) Add this to the goulash
13) It should be brought back to the boil and simmered for 5 minutes.
14) Chopped parsley can be used to garnish and you can serve it with sour cream.
- Tomato puree - 2 tablespoons.
- Corn flour - 2 tablespoons.
- Beef or chicken stock - 500 ml.
- Allspice berries - 5 nos. (They should be crushed)
- Bay leaf- 1 no.
- Sweet paprika - 1 tablespoon.
- Onion - 3 nos. (Thinly sliced)
- Vegetable oil - 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- Rump or lean beef or chuck steak - 1 kg. (It should be cut into 2-cm-cubes)
- Plain flour - 3 tablespoons.
- Sour cream - to serve.
- Flat leaf parsley (Chopped) - to serve
- Tabasco sauce