Beef Jerky Skewers
Cooking time45 min
If you are not yet familiar with making beef skewers, you need to follow this beef jerky skewers recipe. 8 to 10 servings can be made with this recipe and the total time needed for making these skewers is 90 minutes.
1) The marinade needs to be formed by combining garlic, ginger, green onions, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar in a saucepan.
2) This mixture should be brought to a boil and the heat needs to be reduced and simmered for 15 minutes.
3) 1 cup honey, 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar must be added to the mixture and it has to be brought to a boil.
4) The marinade would double and then, it should be removed from the heat and allow to cool. (In order to make the cooling process faster, the marinade can be transferred into a glass bowl and this bowl can be placed in an ice bath.
5) After the cooling process, meat has to be added to the marinade and keep the mixture refrigerated for 12 hours.
6) After this duration, the meat needs to be taken out and pat dried.
7) The grill must be heated.
8) The steak should be sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces and the sliced meat must be threaded onto the skewers.
9) The meat pieces should stay close but they need not overlap.
10) The fish sauce and the remaining honey have to be mixed together and set aside for some time.
11) When the grill turns hot, the skewers should be placed on the grill and cooked for 2 minutes per side.
12) Fish sauce and honey need to be used to baste in an occasional way and garnished with lime wedges before serving.
- Honey - 1 cup. (Keep another 1/2 cup)
- Garlic clove - 1 no. (It has to be peeled and smashed in a light way)
- Fresh ginger slices - 4 nos.
- Green onions - 8 nos. (They have to be cleaned and chopped)
- White sugar - 1/2 cup. (Keep another 1/4 cup)
- Brown sugar - 1/2 cup (Plus 1/4 cup more)
- Soy sauce - 2 cups.
- Flank steaks - 2 pounds.
- Lime wedges - for garnishing.
- Fish sauce - 1 tablespoon (Optional)
- #Materials needed#
- Basting brush and skewers (Metal or bamboo)