Beef Stroganoff over Buttered Noodles
Cooking time45 min
This beef stroganoff over buttered noodles makes a perfect dish for all occasions and it is relatively an easy dish to make.
Total cooking time needed to make this beef stroganoff over buttered noodles dish is 3 hours and 25 minutes and, you can serve it for 6 people.
1) You have to heat the beef stock.
2) Add bay leaf, carrot and 3 thyme sprigs.
3) The beef needs to be pat dried.
4) Season with salt and pepper.
5) 3 Tablespoons oil must be heated in a large heavy bottomed skillet. (Heat should be high).
6) The meat should be fires in batches and make sure that it is browned on all sides.
7) Heat must be lowered and meat needs to be added to the pot.
8) Onions should be added and cooked for 5 minutes. (Stop when they become soft).
9) Add cognac and cook for 5 minutes. (The alcohol must burn off).
10) The next step is to add the beef stock and thyme sprigs, bay leaf and carrots should be discarded.
11) You have to cook partially covered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. (You should do it on a low flame).
12) Take a skillet and put it over medium heat.
13) 3 Tablespoons butter should be melted in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil.
14) Remaining 3 thyme sprigs, garlic and mushrooms should be added and cooked until the mushrooms become browned and cooked through.
15) Heat must be removed from heat.
16) Set aside.
17) Remove the meat from the heat when the meat is done.
18) Mushrooms, sour cream, parsley and mustard have to be folded in.
19) Seasoning must be adjusted with pepper and salt.
20) At the same time, noodles should be cooked in a large pot until they become tender. (The pot must contain boiling salted water).
21) Noodles have to be drained and tossed with the remaining butter.
22) Again, season with salt and pepper.
23) The stroganoff can be served over the noodles.
24) Sour cream and parsley can be used to garnish.
- 1) Beef stock – 3 cups.
- 2) Chopped carrot – 1 no.
- 3) Fresh thyme – 6 sprigs.
- 4) Bay leaf – 1 no.
- 5) Chuck roast – 2 pounds. (It should be cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 6) Kosher salt - to taste.
- 7) Freshly ground black pepper – to taste.
- 8) Extra-virgin olive oil - 6 tablespoons.
- 9) Medium onion – 1 no. (It should be chopped).
- 10) Cognac - 2 tablespoons.
- 11) Unsalted butter - 5 tablespoons.
- 12) Mushrooms - 1 pound. (They must be sliced).
- 13) Cloves garlic – 3 nos. (They should be chopped).
- 14) Sour cream - 2 tablespoons. (Keep some more for garnishing).
- 15) Dijon mustard - 1 tablespoon.
- 16) Chopped fresh parsley leaves - 2 tablespoons (Keep some more for garnishing).
- 17) Wide egg noodles - 1 (1-pound) package.