Cooking time45 min
This beef wellington recipe is an ideal classic dish that can be served for lunch or dinner. You don’t have to work too hard in the kitchen to make it and this is a very good option for any special occasion. This beef wellington recipe allows you to make 4 servings and the cooking time comes around 45 minutes only.
1) Salt and pepper should be used to season beef tenderloin and they have to be pressed onto the entire beef roast surfaces.
2) 1/2 tablespoon olive oil must be heated in a big nonstick skillet (heat is medium-high) and when it becomes hot, the roast should be put in the skillet and browned in an even manner. Once it is done, you can remove roast from skillet.
3) After preheating oven to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit, shallot and mushrooms must be put into a food processor for pulsing for 10 times to get them finely chopped. .
4) The remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil should be heated in the same skillet (medium-high heat) and when it becomes hot, shallot and mushrooms need to be added and cooked cook 4-6 minutes.
5) When liquid evaporates, wine should be added and cooked 2 or 3 minutes and then, a pinch of pepper and thyme and mustard must be stirred in and cooked for 2 -3 minutes before removing from the skillet to a bowl and cooling.
6) On a cutting board that is floured slightly, puff pastry dough must be unfolded and the pastry has to be rolled out to 12/9-inch rectangle. The dough should be kept with shortest edge facing you and the mushroom mixture should be spread onto pastry dough by maintaining half inch border around the dough edge.
7) The roast should be placed in the center part of the mushrooms and the pastry has to be folded around the roast in a neat way. The excess pastry must be tugged in under the roast.
8) The beaten egg has to be brushed onto the beef wellington and pressed for sealing the overlapping edges. A baking sheet must be dusted in a light way with flour.
9) On a baking sheet, pastry-wrapped roast should be placed with the seam-side in the downward direction and on the top of the pastry; you have to cut 3 to 4 2-inch vents. The next step is decorating with heart-shaped.
10) Oven must be baked to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 50 minutes. (Ensure that it becomes golden brown and a thermometer reads 135 Degrees Fahrenheit when placed inside the center of the roast.
11) It should be placed on a carving board and keep there for 10 minutes.
12) Then, it must be carved into slices before serving with vegetables.
- Beef tenderloin roast - 1 center cut. (The quantity can be 1.5 to 2 inches and you must remove chain)
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon. (Divided)
- Salt - to taste.
- Pepper - to taste.
- Baby Bella mushrooms - 8 ounces
- Large shallot – 1 no.
- Dry red wine - 2 tablespoons.
- Dijon-style mustard - 2 tablespoons.
- Fresh thyme leaves - 1 tablespoon. (Minced)
- Frozen puff pastry - 1 sheet (1/2 package and thawed)
- Egg - 1 no. (Beaten)