Beer Braised Brisket
Cooking time45 min
This beer braised brisket recipe makes you familiarize with the step by step method of approach for making a highly delicious beef brisket.
If you use the correct quantity of ingredients advocated in this beer braised brisket recipe, it can be served for 6 to 8 people and the time needed for cooking is 4 hours 55 minutes.
1) First of all, the oven needs to be preheated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) The brisket should be patted until it becomes very dry.
3) Salt and pepper need to be sprinkled in a liberal manner.
4) Take a Dutch oven and oil must be heated over medium to high heat.
5) The next step is to brown the meat on all sides for 10 to 12 minutes.
6) It should be transferred to a large plate.
7) Set aside.
8) Thyme, onions, bay leaves, carrots, celery and 1/4 cup of beef stock must be combined in the same Dutch oven.
9) They have to be cooked for 4 to 6 minutes until the vegetables become softened and start turning brown.
10) The beer should be poured in and bring to a boil.
11) You have to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. (Make sure that it is reduced by half.
12) The brisket needs to be returned to the Dutch oven.
13) The remaining beef stock has to be poured in. (You must ensure that the brisket is at least halfway covered by the liquid).
14) The pot must be covered and transferred to the oven.
15) Bake for 3 hours 30 minutes.
16) The lid needs to be removed and cooked uncovered for 30 more minutes.
17) Allow the brisket to rest in the liquid available in the pot for 20 minutes.
18) Transfer to a cutting board.
19) In order to serve, you should slice the brisket against the grain.
20) It should be placed on a platter and ladled some braising liquid on top.
- 1) 5-pound beef brisket – 1no.
- 2) Kosher salt – to taste.
- 3) Black pepper (freshly ground) – to taste.
- 4) Canola oil - 2 tablespoons.
- 5) Low sodium beef stock - 4 cups
- 6) Celery stalks - 4 nos. (They must be cut into 1-inch pieces).
- 7) Large carrots - 3 nos. (They should be cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 8) Bay leaves – 2 nos.
- 9) Large onions - 2 nos. (Make them 1-inch pieces).
- 10) Fresh thyme - 1 small bundle. (They need to be tied together using kitchen twine).
- 11) Dark German beer – 1 no. (12-ounce bottle)