Beer Braised Pork Chops
Cooking time45 min
This beer braised pork chops recipe talks about how to make an excellent dinner using pork and beer. The anjou pears make the pork chop a bit sweeter. This beer braised pork chops recipe allows you to make 4 servings and the total time required for making this dish is 35 minutes.
1) Olive oil needs to be preheated in a large skillet and the heat must be kept at medium to high level.
2) Pepper and salt have to be used to season pork chops and then, the chops need to be added to the skillet and seared for 4 minutes per side. (You can stop when they turn lightly browned)
3) The chops should be transferred to a plate.
4) Drain the fat from the pan except 1 tablespoon.
5) Pears have to be added to the skillet and sauteed for around 6 minutes by keeping the heat medium-high. (You can stop when the pears become golden brown).
6) Pears need to be transferred to a plate with pork chops.
7) Sage and beer must be added to the pan and the caramelized bits have to be scraped up from the bottom using a wooden spoon.
8) Pears and pork chops should be added back to the pan and brought to a simmer with heat kept at medium-high.
9) You have to cover the skillet partially using a lid after reducing the heat to low and they need to be braised for 5 to 7 minutes. (Make sure that the pork chops are cooked through)
10) The pears and chops must be taken out from the pan.
11) Fat has to be skimmed away from the liquid and cooked for 10 minutes after increasing the heat to medium. (Make sure that the sauce is reduced by half)
12) The chops can be served after topping with sauce and pears.
- Dried sage - 3/4 teaspoon.
- Lager beer - 1 bottle.
- Anjou pears - 2 nos.
- Pepper - to taste. (Freshly ground)
- Salt - to taste.
- Bone-in pork chops - 4 nos. (They need to be center-cut)
- Olive oil - 2 teaspoons.