Best Ever Carrot Cake
Cooking time45 min
Are you interested in making the best ever cake using carrot? This best ever carrot cake recipe is the best resource that you can rely on. This best ever carrot cake recipe allows you to make 12 slices and you can make this cake within 65 minutes.
1) The oven needs to be preheated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) A shallow cake tin (20/30 cm) must be greased, and the sides and base have to be lined with baking paper. (You have to extend the baking paper around 5 centimeters above the tin.
3) A pinch of salt, orange zest, sugar and oil must be beaten and mixed in an electric bowl using medium speed.
4) After slowing down the speed of the mixer, eggs should be added in a gradual way.
5) The flour must be sifted over and folded in using a large metal spoon to make the mixture smooth.
6) Half portion of the pistachio nuts and grated carrots should also be folded in.
7) Batter has to be spooned into the tin and the surface needs to be smoothed.
8) It should be baked for 35 to 40 minutes. (You can stop when it becomes golden and firm to the touch)
9) It has to be allowed to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
10) The cake must be placed onto a wire rack using the overhanging baking paper.
11) For making the icing, all ingredients should be mixed together with a handheld electric beater and stopped when they turned smooth and light.
12) It needs to be spread over the top of the cake and remaining nuts must be sprinkled in.
13) It has to be cut into 12 squares.
- Pistachio nuts - 100 grams. (They must be coarsely chopped)
- Carrots - 250 grams or 3 big ones. (They need to be grated)
- Self raising flour - 250 grams. (It needs to be sifted)
- Free range eggs - 3 large nos.
- Orange zest - taken from half orange.
- Caster sugar - 250 grams.
- Sunflower or vegetable oil - 250 ml.
- #Ingredients for the creme cheese icing#
- Orange juice - 1 to 2 tablespoons.
- Zest - taken from half orange
- Icing sugar - 75 grams. (It has to be sifted)
- Creme cheese - 300 grams. (You can use reduced fat if you want)