Best Italian Sausage Sandwiches
Cooking time45 min
Sausage is one of the favorite dishes of many people. Several people love sandwich. What about combining these two? You can make a sausage sandwich to offer an unbelievable experience for your taste buds. This best Italian sausage sandwiches recipe makes you familiarize with an easy way of preparing a flavorful sandwich using sausage. You can use tomato sauce with this wonderful dish to have a great eating experience. The method of preparation is really simple and you can make it in a speedy manner as well.
If you use same quantity of ingredients mentioned in this best Italian sausage sandwiches recipe, you can make 10 servings. This dish can be prepared and cooked within 10 hours and 10 minutes.
1) You have to take a 3-qt. slow cooker.
2) Fennel seed, garlic powder, onions, green peppers and pasta sauce have to be combined in the slow cooker.
3) They should be cooked for 4 hours without covering the cooker and the heat needs to be kept at low level. (The cooking process can be stopped when the vegetables become tender)
4) The sausage must be grilled based on the package directions.
5) The buns can be served with sauce.
1) The cooled sauce has to be frozen in freezer containers.
2) In order to use, it should be thawed in the refrigerator overnight partially.
3) Then, it needs to be heated through in a saucepan. You have to stir in an occasional manner and water can be added if required.
- Hoagie buns – 10 nos. (Split)
- Italian turkey sausage links – 2 packages. (Each package needs to be 24 ounces)
- Fennel seed – 1/2 teaspoon. (You have to crush it)
- Garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Medium onions – 2 nos. (They must be thinly sliced)
- Green peppers (Medium) – 2 nos. (They should be cut into strips)
- Pasta sauce – 2 jars. (24 ounces each)