Black Forest Cupcakes
Cooking time45 min
How to make a great dessert in a smart way? This black forest cupcakes recipe teaches you how to make an excellent cupcake. If you follow this black forest cupcakes recipe, you can make 12 servings and the cooking time needed is around 2 hours.
1) Oven needs to be preheated to 325 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) A muffin tray (12-hole) needs to be lined using paper cases.
3) Sugar and butter must be beaten together in a bowl and stop when it becomes light and creamy.
4) Eggs have to be added one at a time to combine well and then, flour and cocoa powder must be sifted and mixed to combine well.
5) The melted chocolate and milk should be folded in.
6) The mixture has to be spooned into the muffin cases and baked for 18 to 20 minutes. (Make sure that it is springy and well risen).
7) The cakes have to be removed from the tin and placed on a cooling rack.
8) The cherries need to be drained in a sieve and the kirsch should be gathered in the bowl placed underneath.
9) The cakes must be pierced using a skewer and a teaspoon of kirsch has to be pored over each cake.
10) Arrowroot paste and kirsch should be heated in a saucepan and stop when it starts to boil.
11) The pan has to be removed from the heat and beaten until the paste thickened.
12) On top of each cake, a well must be made using a small knife. (Remove a disc with knife to form the well).
13) A swirl of cream should be spooned onto the cakes and topped with cherries.
14) Kirsch can be drizzled and some chocolate can be grated over before serving.
- Double cream - 300 ml. (It must be lightly whipped)
- Cornflour or arrowroot smooth paste (made using with a little water) - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Black cherries in kirsch - 1 jar (the quantity must be equivalent to 360 grams).
- Dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) - 100 grams. (It should be melted and you can keep some extra to serve).
- Milk - 125 ml.
- Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons.
- Self raising flour - 200 grams.
- Free range eggs- 2 nos.
- Caster sugar - 175 grams.
- Butter - 125 grams. (Softened)