Braised Chicken and Kale with Paprika and White Wine
Cooking time45 min
This braised chicken and kale with paprika and white wine recipe puts forward the best method of making an amazingly delicious dish in an easy way. If you follow the instructions strictly, this recipe allows you to make 4 to 5 servings.
1) Chicken must be sprinkled with pepper, salt and paprika and rubbed all over.
2) Oil needs to be heated in a large skillet or braising pan and the chicken should be added skin-side down. (You do not have to crowd the skillet and it can be done in batches)
3) Chicken pieces should be cooked for 8 minutes and when the pieces turn brown on all sides, you can transfer them onto a plate.
4) Garlic and onion need to be added to the skillet and cooked for 8 more minutes and the chicken pieces have to be returned to the skillet.
5) Then, herbs, wine and broth must be added and brought to a boil.
6) It has to be covered and simmered for 40 minutes and after removing the lid, you must stir in cream, maple syrup and kale.
7) They should be cooked for another 15 minutes and the seasonings must be adjusted using pepper and salt.
8) This dish can be served with roasted potatoes and lemon wedges.
- Heavy cream - 1/4 cup.
- Maple syrup - 2 tablespoons.
- Kale - 1 large bunch. (You need to remove the center rib and they have to be cut into 1-inch strips)
- Thyme sprigs - 3 nos.
- Rosemary sprigs - 3 nos.
- Dry white wine - 1 cup.
- Chicken broth - 2 cups.
- Garlic cloves - 4 nos. (They need to be minced)
- Medium onion - 1 no. (It needs to be diced)
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Ground pepper - to taste.
- Kosher salt - to taste.
- Paprika - 2 tablespoons.
- Chicken pieces - 10 nos.