Bratwurst Stewed with Sauerkraut
Cooking time45 min
Bratwurst can be described as ground meat grilled sausages. This Bratwurst Stewed with Sauerkraut recipe teaches you how to make a highly tasteful and enjoyable dish that can be made in a speedy manner. Moreover, it can be made with absolute ease and comfort as well.
If you follow the exact guidelines and quantity of the ingredients advocated in this Bratwurst Stewed with Sauerkraut recipe, you can serve it for 8 to 10 people. You can prepare this dish in an easy manner and the total cooking time needed is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
1) First of all, you have to take a large pan.
2) The next step is to heat oil. (It should be done in high heat).
3) Now, you have to take bratwurst and it should be placed into the oil.
4) The heat has to be reduced to minimum.
5) It is the time to brown the bratwurst.
6) Once it is done; you have to add onions.
7) They should be followed by garlic.
8) The next step is to cook.
9) Stop cooking when the onion and garlic become caramelized in a light manner.
10) Now, you must add the stock.
11) Paprika should be added.
12) Then, you have to add caraway seeds immediately.
13) Finally, sauerkraut must be added as well. (You can add all the above mentioned ingredients (4 nos) simultaneously.
14) This mixture has to be simmered for a duration of 45 minutes.
15) After 45 minutes, it should be removed from the heat.
16) The fresh dill must be stirred in.
17) The dish is ready to serve and you can serve on baguette.
- 1) Oil - 2 tablespoons.
- 2) Fresh bratwurst links - 2 pounds.
- 3) Chopped onions – 2 nos.
- 4) Minced garlic cloves – 2 nos.
- 5) Chicken stock – 3 cups.
- 6) Paprika - 1 tablespoon.
- 7) Caraway seed - 1 tablespoon.
- 8) Grained sauerkraut – 4 cups.
- 9) Chopped fresh dill – 2 tablespoons.
- 10) Baguette – 1 no.