Broccoli & potato croquettes
Cooking time30 min
This broccoli & potato croquettes recipe puts forward a simple and cautious way of making a flavorsome croquettes. With the right quantity of ingredients mentioned in this broccoli & potato croquettes recipe, you can 12 prepare servings. The preparation time comes around 15 minutes and the cooking process can be performed within 30 minutes.
1) The potatoes should be placed in saucepan and they must be covered with cold water.
2) It should be brought to the boil and simmered for 14 to 16 minutes. (Make sure that the potatoes are fully cooked).
3) They need to be drained and mashed before placing back in the pan over low heat and they should be cooked for 1 to 2 minutes. (For removing excess moisture, you have to keep on stirring in continuous manner.
4) A sauce pan filled with water needs to be brought to a boil and simmered for 6 to 7 minutes. (You must stop when the broccoli becomes tender).
5) It must be drained and pat dried well.
6) After the chopping the broccoli, it should be added to the mashed potato and, breadcrumbs, cheese and egg yolk must be added as well.
7) The mixture has to be divided into 12 balls and each one must be rolled into something similar to a sausage.
8) Keep the ball for 10 minutes in the freezer.
9) For making the dip, chives, yogurt and cream cheese should be added to a bowl and stirred well to create a soft consistency. (You can add milk if you want).
10) Sesame seeds, beaten eggs and flour have to be placed in three different bowls and then, the croquettes have must be rolled into the flour.
11) They should be dipped into the beaten egg and finally; the croquettes have to be rolled into the sesame seeds.
12) After heating oil in a big frying pan, the croquettes must be fried for 4 to 5 minutes over low-medium heat. (You have to turn in a frequent manner to achieve golden color).
13) They need to be drained on the kitchen paper and you can serve it with cream cheese dip.
- Broccoli - 150 grams. (It should be broken into florets).
- Fresh breadcrumbs - 60 grams.
- Floury potatoes - 400 grams. (They should be cut in half).
- Mature cheddar - 40 grams. (Grated)
- Medium egg yolk - 1 no.
- #For the crust#
- Olive oil - 4 tablespoons.
- Sesame seeds - 100 grams.
- Beaten medium eggs - 2 nos.
- Plain flour - 20 grams.
- #For the dip#
- Natural yogurt - 50 grams.
- Full-fat milk - 1 to 2 tablespoons.
- Snipped chives - 1 tablespoon.
- Cream cheese - 100 grams.