Cooking time45 min
What comes to you mind when you hear about buttermilk biscuit? It has always been a favorite snack for many people all around the world. Do you want to know how to make an excellent buttermilk biscuit? This recipe is the best answer for this question and it puts forward a simple method of approach to make highly delicious biscuits.
The total time needed for cooking is 25 minutes and if you follow the correct guidelines advocated in this buttermilk biscuit recipe along with the quantity of ingredients, you can make 12 biscuits.
1) First of all, the oven must be preheated to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) The next is to take a parchment paper and it should be lined in a baking sheet.
3) Take a large mixing bowl.
4) Baking soda, salt, baking powder, sugar and flour need to be whisked in the bowl.
5) Take a food processor and a pastry cutter.
6) 3/4 cup chilled butter should be incorporated into the dry ingredients and make sure that the mixture looks like a coarse meal. Instead of pastry cutter, you can use your fingertips.
7) The buttermilk must be added.
8) You have to stir well until it gets moistened.
9) The prepared biscuits have to be dropped onto the baking sheet and you have to use 1/2 cup dough for each biscuit.
10) The mounds should be spaced about 2-inches apart.
11) The biscuits should be baked for 15 to 20 minutes. (You have to stop when they turn golden brown on top and make sure that a tester comes out clean).
12) You can serve the biscuits warm.
- 1) Flour - 3 cups.
- 2) Sugar - 3 tablespoons.
- 3) Baking powder - 4 teaspoons.
- 4) Salt - 11/2 teaspoons.
- 5) Cold unsalted butter - 3/4 cup (The quantity must be equivalent to 11/2 sticks and it should be cut into small pieces; you can use grated as well).
- 6) Butter milk - 1 cup.