Buttermilk Chicken Tenders with Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
Cooking time45 min
This buttermilk chicken tenders with roasted potatoes and green beans recipe puts forward a unique way of making an outstanding chicken dish.
You can make 4 servings with this recipe and total time needed for making this dish is 55 minutes.
1) Oven needs to be preheated to 425 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic and buttermilk should be combined in a big Ziploc plastic freezer bag
3) The bag must be sealed after adding the chicken and tossed to coat.
4) Set aside at room temperature for half an hour.
5) Shallots, haricots verts and potatoes should be combined in a big rimmed baking sheet.
6) 2 tablespoons of oil have to be drizzled in and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt must also be sprinkled.
7) Theyshould be stirred to coat before spreading in a single layer.
8) The next step is the baking process and it should be done for 20 minutes. (You need to stir once after 15 minutes and make sure that the haricots verts and potatoes turn brown and tender).
9) Two tablespoons parsley and Panko should be combined in a shallow bowl.
10) The chicken needs to be taken out from the plastic bag and the mixture available in the bag must be discarded.
11) The chicken tenders have to be dredged in the Panko mixture and pressed for adhering properly.
12) 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil have to be heated in a big skillet after setting the heat to medium.
13) Half portion of the chicken must be added and cooked for 3 to 4 minutes per side. (You can stop when it is done and becomes golden brown)
14) It has to be transferred to a serving platter.
15) After wiping the pan, the process should be repeated with remaining the second half of the chicken, 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil.
16) The chicken can be served with haricots verts and potatoes.
17) Parsley should be used to top chicken and vegetables.
- Whole buttermilk – 1 cup.
- Garlic cloves – 3 nos. (They must be pressed)
- Kosher salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons. (Divided)
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon. (Divided)
- Chicken breast tenders - 1 1/2 pounds
- Small red potatoes – 1 pound. (They should be cut into wedges with 1/2-inch thickness)
- Haricots verts - 1 package or 8 ounces. (You can use thin French green beans)
- Medium shallots – 2 nos. (They need to be sliced)
- Olive oil - 4 tablespoons. (Divided)
- Panko - 1 1/2 cups. (Japanese-style breadcrumbs are preferred)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley (Chopped and divided) – 3 tablespoons.
- Salted butter – 3 tablespoons. (Divided)