Cabbage, Mushroom, and Bacon Pasta
Cooking time45 min
If you want to know how to make super delicious creamy pasta dish, this cabbage, mushroom, bacon and pasta recipe will teach you how to such a dish. This recipe allows you to make 4 servings and total time needed for cooking is 25 minutes.
1) A saucepan has to be brought to boil over high heat after filling with water.
2) As the water is boiling, bacon needs to be cooked in a skillet for 8 minutes and heat should be kept medium while stirring in an occasional way. (You can stop when the bacon becomes crisp)
3) It should be transferred to a plate that is lined with paper towels.
4) The drippings have to be reserved in the skillet.
5) Pasta must be cooked based on the instructions given on the package.
6) It should be drained well and you have to reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water.
7) Mushrooms must be added to the skillet and pepper and salt should be sprinkled over the mushrooms.
8) After increasing the heat to medium-high, mushrooms need to be cooked for 8 minutes by stirring occasionally. (You can stop when they become golden in color.
9) Then, cabbage has to be added and cooked for 4 minutes. (You can stop when cabbage wilts and starts to caramelize)
10) Half cup of the reserved pasta water and cream cheese must be added and stirred until it turns smooth.
11) Cooked pasta has to be folded in and cooked for 2 minutes. (You can stop when it is heated through)
12) It should be divided among four bowls.
13) You need to top it with parmesan, thyme and cooked bacon before serving.
- Shredded parmesan cheese - 1 ounce.
- Fresh thyme leaves - 2 tablespoons.
- Cream cheese - 2 ounces (Softened)
- Shredded Savoy cabbage - 4 cups.
- Black pepper - 3/4 teaspoon.
- Kosher salt - 1 teaspoon.
- Baby Portobello mushrooms - 8 ounces (Sliced)
- Uncooked bucatini pasta - 12 ounces.
- Thick-cut bacon slices - 4 nos. (They must be chopped)