California Miso, Avocado, and Lima Bean Salad
Cooking time45 min
This California - Miso, avocado and lima bean salad recipe talks about how to make a unique salad that is tasty and healthy. No matter whether you are using limas, corona beans, butter beans or white beans; this salad offers great taste. This recipe also has Ponzu, a sweet salty and sour combination of soy sauce and you can purchase it from Japanese stores. You can make 2 to 4 servings with this recipe and total time needed for making this salad is 25 minutes.
1) In order to make the dressing, all the dressing ingredients should be mixed in a medium sized bowl.
2) Small quantity of salt can be added if you need. (It primarily depends on the salty nature of the miso and if you find that the dressing is really salty, some yogurt can be added)
3) The broccoli has to be blanched slated water that is boiling for around 60 seconds. (Make sure that the broccoli becomes bright green and loses the rawness)
4) It should be drained and set aside to cool.
5) The sesame seeds and pumpkin have to be toasted in a pan before spreading on a platter to cool. (You must ensure that it becomes golden in a lighter manner).
6) The leaves have to be piled into a bowl used for serving.
7) The avocado should be chopped into chunks and they must be added to the bowl.
8) Beans also have to be added to the bowl.
9) When the seeds and broccoli cool down, they have to be added to the bowl as well.
10) The dressing has to be poured over and you have to toss it properly.
11) This salad can be served with soba noodles or brown rice that is steamed.
- Miso Paste - Brown rice - 1 tablespoon.
- Brown rice sugar - 1 tablespoon.
- Soy sauce or Ponzu - 1 tablespoon.
- Juice – Taken out of 1/2 a lime
- Soy yogurt or cow milk - 4 tablespoons.
- Sea salt – to taste.
- #Ingredients for the salad#
- Broccoli - 150 grams. (You need to chop the stems and break the florets into small heads)
- Pumpkin seeds - 2 tablespoons.
- Sesame seeds – 2 tablespoons.
- Salad leaves (Seasonal) - 2 handfuls. (You need to wash and dry them)
- Avocado (Ripe) - 1 no. (You need to pit and halve it)
- White beans - 1 Can. (The quantity need to be around 400 grams and it should be drained)