Cannellini and Escarole Soup with Garlic Oil
Cooking time45 min
This cannellini and escarole soup with garlic oil recipe teaches you how to make a super delicious soup in a simple way. This recipe allows you to make 4 servings if you use the exact quantity of ingredients advocated.
1) Bacon has to be cooked in a large saucepan for 6 minutes and the heat needs to be kept at high. (You can stop when turned crisps)
2) It should be transferred to a plate with slotted spoon and all fat except 2 tablespoons must be poured off before returning to the pan.
3) Keep the heat moderately high, and crushed red pepper, minced garlic and escarole have to be added prior to seasoning with salt and pepper.
4) They must be cooked for 2 minutes while keep on stirring and you can stop when the escarole wilts.
5) Half portion of the beans and chicken stock should be pureed in a blender until the mixture becomes smooth.
6) This mixture, 1 1/2 cups of water, bacon and the whole beans have to be added to the saucepan and brought to a boil.
7) They need to be cooked for 10 minutes over moderately low heat. (Make sure that the escarole turns tender)
8) Pour the oil in a small skillet and crushed garlic needs to be cooked in the oil. (Heat must be kept at moderate levels and you can stop when it becomes golden)
9) After discarding the garlic, the soup has to be drizzled with garlic oil and parmesan must be sprinkled.
- Parmesan cheese (Freshly grated) - 2 tablespoons.
- Extra virgin oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Chicken stock - 2 cups. (You can use canned low sodium broth)
- 15-ounce can of cannellini beans (Drained and rinsed) - 3 nos.
- Back pepper - freshly ground - to taste.
- Salt - to taste.
- Crushed red pepper - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Garlic cloves - 4 nos. (You need to mince one and the remaining three must be crushed)
- Small head of escarole - 1 no. (Coarsely chopped)
- Bacon slices - 4 nos. (They must be thick and you have to cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips)