Cooking time45 min
Do you want to know how to make an unbelievably tasty beef dish? This carne asada recipe talks about how to make such a dish. You can serve for 4 to 6 people if use the correct quantity of ingredients recommended in this carne asada recipe and total time needed for making this dish is 2 hours and 30 minutes (depending on how much time taken for marinating).
1) Cumin, pepper, sugar, vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce and olive oil must be whisked and combined in a baking dish.
2) Cilantro, jalapeno and garlic should be stirred in.
3) The steak has to be put in the marinade and it needs to be turned over to make good coating.
4) Then, it must be covered in a plastic wrap and refrigerated for at least 1 hour. (You can do it overnight as well)
5) The grill needs to be preheated for high-direct heat. (A part of the grill must be exposed only to indirect heat)
6) Now, the steak has to be removed from the marinade and the garlic and cilantro bits should be brushed off lightly.
7) This needs to be placed on the hot part of the grill and the steak must be grilled for a few minutes. (Make sure that it is well seared on one side)
8) It must be turned and seared on the other side.
9) Transfer the steak to the cooler side and keep the thicker end somewhere near the hot side of the grill.
10) Take a thermometer and measure the temperature on the thickest side and take out the meat when the thermometer shows 140 Degree Fahrenheit. (If you want rare, take out when temperature is 120 Degree Fahrenheit and for medium rare, temperature must be 125 Degrees Fahrenheit)
11) The steak has to be transferred to a cutting board and covered with foil before leaving to cool for 10 minutes.
12) Cut the meat into wide and thin pieces using a bread knife.
13) Place the tortillas on skillet, or grill or in a microwave and warm for 30 seconds. (Make sure that they turn pliable and toasty)
14) This dish can be served with avocados and Pico de Gallo salsa.
- Olive oil
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Kosher salt
- Flank or skirt steak - 1 1/2 to 2 pounds.
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons.
- Olive oil - 1/3 cup.
- Fresh cilantro stems and leaves (Finely chopped) - 1/2 cup.
- Soy sauce - 1/4 cup.
- Jalapeno chili pepper - 1 no. (It needs to be seeded and minced).
- Lime juice - 2 tablespoons.
- Minced garlic cloves - 4 nos. (The quantity must be equivalent to 4 teaspoons)
- Cider vinegar - 2 tablespoons.
- Ground cumin seed - 1 teaspoon.
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon. (Freshly ground).
- #Fixings (Optional)#
- Pico de Gallo salsa
- Avocado (Chopped)
- Radishes (Thinly sliced)
- Lime wedges
- Lettuce (Thinly sliced)
- Flour tortillas or corn