Carrot houmous with pitta dippers
Cooking time45 min
If you want to find the best source for vitamin A, you cannot find a better source than carrot. This vegetable is loaded with vitamin A and regular intake of carrot makes your skin extremely healthy and beautiful. You do not have to worry about premature aging any more. It also improves your vision and this vegetable reduces the risk of lung cancer. Any type of infection can be controlled with it and you can prevent heart disease by consuming carrot regularly. Proper body cleansing also become a reality and carrot offers many more benefits. This carrot houmous with pitta dippers recipe makes you familiarize with how to prepare a healthy snack for children.
If you follow the quantity of ingredients mentioned in this recipe, you can serve it for 4 people. You just need 15 minutes to prepare this dish and you can ask your children to actively participate in the cooking process of this healthy snack.
1) First of all, the cooked carrot must be grated. (You do not have to bother if it becomes mush because that is what you need to do.
2) Take a bowl and the houmous should be tipped into it.
3) The carrot has to be added and mixed properly.
4) Lemon juice should be squeezed in a careful manner.
5) The coriander must be snipped into small pieces and it can be done with the help of scissors.
6) Then, it should be stirred into the houmous.
7) The dish is ready to serve and it can be served with toasted pitta bread.
- Houmous - 1 tub.
- Large carrot - 1 no. (It needs to be peeled and cut into chunks; you also have to boil it until turns really tender).
- Pitta breads - 2 no. (If you are using a small one, you can take 4 breads and they need to be toasted and sliced).
- Coriander - small bunch.
- Lemon - 1 no. (It must be halved).