Cooking time45 min
Carrot has always been a highly nutritious vegetable. It is an essential ingredient in several dishes and you can use this vegetable in different ways. What about making a simple but luxurious carrot soup? This carrot soup recipe talks about making a really delicious carrot soup that is topped with fresh chives. You just need to spend only a short time to make this soup. You can make this soup up to two days in advance and it can be topped with freshly whipped cream as well. This carrot soup can be made within 45 minutes.
1) The first thing you need to do is the process of heating the olive oil in big saucepan and the heat must be kept at medium level.
2) Celery, onions and carrots must be added and fried for around 5 minutes.
3) The stock has to be added and then, it must be brought to the boil.
4) The next step is simmering and it should be done for 25 minutes in a gentle way (You can stop this process until the ingredients become tender).
5) The soup should be removed from the heat and you should set aside to cool in a slight way before blending until smooth.
6) The cream has to be whipped and stopped when soft peaks are formed.
7) The hot soup must be ladled into teacups.
8) 1 tbsp whipped cream should be spooned on each teacup.
9) When the cream is heated by the soup, the cream will get smoothed out on the top.
10) Celery stalks and snipped chives have to be sprinkled.
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Carrots - 600 grams. (You can use grated or chopped carrots)
- Onions - 2 nos. (They should be chopped)
- Celery stalks - 2 nos. (Chopped)
- Chicken stock – 1 1/2 liters.
- Whipping cream – 100 ml
- Chives – To serve. (You can use snipped ones)