Cauliflower and Stilton Soup
Cooking time45 min
Are you searching for an effective way to make an excellent winter warmer? This cauliflower and stilton soup recipe teaches you how to make a hearty, filling soup. The yield of this cauliflower and stilton soup recipe is 4 servings and total time required for cooking this dish is 65 minutes.
1) The oil and butter must be melted in a big saucepan and you need to keep the heat at medium level.
2) Garlic, onion and leek should be added and cooked for around 5 minutes while keep on stirring.
3) Cauliflower must be added and cooked while stirring in an occasional way for 10 minutes. (The cooking process can be ended when the cauliflower gets softened)
4) After adding thyme and stock, they need to be brought to boil and you have to lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes partially covered.
5) The stilton must be added after reducing the heat to low and stir well to soften.
6) Milk needs to be added and it has to be heated through in a gentle way.
7) White pepper and salt must be used to season.
8) The baguette has to be cut into diagonal slices and then, it should be brushed with a small quantity of olive oil before placing on a baking tray.
9) The baguette should be baked in an oven kept at 320 Degree Fahrenheit and you have to turn it turns crisp.
10) For serving, the soup needs to be sprinkled with the chives and you can also sprinkle a dollop of crème fraiche.
11) It can be accompanied with bread.
- Butter – 30 grams.
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Leek - 1 no. (It should be cut into thin slices)
- Small onion - 1 no. (Finely chopped)
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (Crushed)
- Cauliflower - 1.25 kg (Bite-sized florets are preferred)
- Vegetable or chicken stock – 1 liter.
- Fresh thyme leaves – From 4 sprigs.
- Stilton – 200 grams. (Crumbled)
- Milk – 250 ml.
- Ground white pepper
- Baguette – 1 no. (For serving purpose)
- Chopped chives – 1 to 2 tablespoons. (For serving)
- Crème fraiche - To serve.