Cauliflower, Leek & Pistachio Soup
Cooking time45 min
Everybody loves to make a tasty and healthy soup. You might not be an exception. This cauliflower, leek & pista chio soup recipe makes you familiarize with a simple way of making a creamy and flavorful cauliflower and leek soup.
Bread is highly delicious dipped into olive oil and then, in a Dukkah dish. This recipe allows you to make 8 to 10 servings and it can be made within 35 minutes.
1) Oil should be heated in a large sauce pan and the heat must be kept at medium level.
2) Celery, garlic and leeks must be added and sauteed for 5 minutes.
3) Cauliflower also has to be added and cooked for 2 minutes.
4) Then, stock needs to be poured in and brought to a boil.
5) The next step is to simmer partially covered for 20 minutes and stop when the vegetables become tender.
6) After removing the soup from the heat and allowing it to cool, cream needs to be added.
7) The soup has to be pureed in batches using a handheld blender or food processor.
8) Pepper and salt should be used to season.
9) It needs to be reheated and you can serve it hot.
10) For creating the spice mix (Dukkah), sea salt, coriander seeds, sesame seeds and pistachio nuts must be toasted in a heated frying pan and stop when the fragrance comes out.
11) Then, everything needs to be ground in a food processor until turned crumbly.
12) Leftover Dukkah can be stored in a screw top jar.
- Sea salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Coriander seeds - 1 teaspoon.
- Sesame seeds - 25 grams.
- Shelled pistachio nuts - 25 grams.
- Single cream - 1000 ml.
- Chicken stock - 2 liters.
- Large cauliflower - 1 no. (Roughly chopped)
- Celery stalks (Sliced) - 2 nos.
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (Chopped)
- Leeks - 2 nos. (Sliced)
- Olive oil -2 tablespoons.