Cooking time30 min
Do you love cauliflower soup? This creamy cauliflower and potato soup teaches you how to make an excellent soup in a hassle free way and you can prepare it in a fast manner as well. With the exact quantity of ingredients recommended in this cauliflower soup recipe, you can serve it for 4 to 6 people. First of all, you need to heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot.
The heat must be kept to medium level.
Now, the diced onions must be added.
You have to cook for 5 minutes until turned soft.
The minced garlic should be added.
Cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
Cauliflower and potatoes must be added.
You must continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Broth must be added.
Then, you have to bring it to a low boil.
The heat must be reduced to low.
Simmer for 20 more minutes until potatoes turn tender.
You have to remove from the heat.
The next step is to blend about half the soup in a food processor or immersion blender until you achieve the desired consistency.
Crème Fraiche, cheese and half-and-half must be stirred in.
Snipped chives and bacon bits can be used to garnish.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
It can be served with warm, crusty buttered bread.
- Cauliflower – 1/2 head. (It should be cored and roughly chopped).
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Garlic clove – 1 no. (It must be peeled and minced).
- Diced sweet yellow onion – 1 cup.
- Half-and-half – 1/2 cup.
- Chicken or vegetable broth – 5 cups. (Preferably homemade or low sodium)
- Medium sized potatoes – 2 nos. (They must be peeled and diced).
- Salt – to taste.
- Pepper – to taste.
- Crème fraiche – 1/4 cup.
- Grated cheddar cheese – 1 cup.
- Chopped cooked bacon – For garnishing purposes.
- Green onion or snipped chives – For garnishing purposes.