Celeriac & Feta Gratin
Cooking time45 min
This celeriac & feta gratin recipe puts forward an uncomplicated method of preparing a unique that offers excellent taste. This celeriac & feta gratin recipe allows you to make 6 servings and total cooking time needed to make this dish is 1 hour and 35 minutes.
1) The oven must be heated to 390 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) A gratin dish should be greased with butter.
3) The celeriac needs to be washed and trimmed and peeled using a knife before cutting into quarters and each quarter into slices.
4) The potatoes have to be thinly sliced and placed in the bottom of the dish. (Two layers)
5) Half of the celeriac slices must be layered on top of the potatoes before season lightly.
6) It has to be topped with feta, chives, garlic and leeks.
7) You can finish with a layering of the remaining celeriac.
8) The hot stock needs to be poured over the vegetables. (You must make sure that it comes half way up)
9) It should also be dotted with some butter.
10) The foil has to be used to cover and it needs to be baked for 50 minutes.
11) Now, the foil has to be removed.
12) You need to return it to the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes. (You can stop cooking when the sauce thickens and celeriac turns golden)
13) It has to be placed under a hot grill for a few minutes so that the gratin is browned.
14) This dish can be served immediately.
- Vegetable stock - 200 to 300 grams.
- Feta cheese -100 grams.
- Snipped chives - 2 teaspoons.
- Garlic clove - 1 no. (Thinly sliced)
- Leek - 1 no. (It must be washed and sliced into thin rounds)
- Large potatoes - 2 to 3 nos.
- Large celeriac root - 1 no.
- Butter - for greasing purpose and you can keep some more for dotting.