Celeriac and Feta Gratin
Cooking time45 min
Are you finding it difficult to make something innovative using celeriac? You do not need to panic because this celeriac & feta gratin recipe shows you a simple way of making an excellent side dish using celeriac. This celeriac & feta gratin recipe gives you a yield of 6 servings and in order to make this dish, you need 1 hour and 35 minutes.
1) The oven needs to be heated to 392 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) A gratin dish must be greased using a small quantity of butter.
3) The celeriac should be washed and trimmed.
4) Then, it has to be peeled with the help of sharp knife.
5) The next step is cutting it into quarters and, you have to further cut each quarter into slices.
6) The potatoes have to be sliced in a thin way.
7) You have to put the potatoes in the bottom part of the gratin dish and make sure that it is done in two layers.
8) Half portion of the celeriac slices must be layered on the potato top.
9) It is the time to season in a light way using a small quantity of salt.
10) It should be topped with the feta, chives, garlic and leeks before placing a final layer of the remaining celeriac.
11) The hot stock needs to be poured over the vegetables and make sure that it reaches half way up.
12) A small amount of butter needs to be used for dotting
13) It should be covered using a foil and baked for 50 minutes.
14) After removing the foil, it needs to be returned to the oven and cooked for an extra 20 minutes. (You can stop when the sauce gets thickened and celeriac becomes golden)
15) Then, it should be placed under a hot grill for a couple of moments for browning the gratin.
16) You can serve it immediately.
- Large celeriac root – 1 no.
- Butter – For greasing purpose. (You need to keep some extra for dotting purpose)
- Large potatoes – 2 to 3 nos.
- Leek – 1 no. (It should be washed and then, sliced into thin rounds)
- Garlic clove - 1 no. (You need to slice it thinly)
- Snipped chives – 2 teaspoons.
- Feta cheese – 100 grams. (It must be crumbled)
- Vegetable stock – 200 to 300 grams.