Cheese & Potato Pies with Bacon
Cooking time45 min
If you want to learn to learn how to combine cheese, potato pies and bacon to make a delicious dish, you need to follow this cheese & potato pies with bacon recipe. It offers a delightful experience for your taste buds. The quantity of ingredients mentioned in this recipe allow you to make 4 servings and the total time needed for cooking this dish is 35 minutes.
1) The oven should be preheated to 390 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) The potato must be scrubbed and boiled. (You can stop when it becomes tender)
3) It should be drained and cooled prior to slicing it in a thin manner.
4) Oil needs to be heated in a big frying pan and onion has to be cooked for 6 or 7 minutes.
5) Four 18-centimeter and four 15-centimeter circles must be cut from the pastry sheet.
6) The small circles (4 nos.) have to be laid on a baking tray (greased) and it should be brushed using beaten egg.
7) The cooked onions need to be spread over the pastry circles and one-inch border must be left all the way around.
8) Bacon and potato slices can be utilized to top with and cheddar cheese can also be used to do the same.
9) Season with pepper and salt.
10) The cream needs to be drizzled over.
11) The big pastry pieces need to be placed over the filling.
12) The edges of pastry circles should be pressed together.
13) A tiny cross must be cut in the middle portion of the pie.
14) It has to be baked for 10 to 15 minutes. (Stop when it turns golden and rises)
- Single cream - 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- Mature cheddar (grated) - 100 grams.
- Streaky bacon - 4 rashers. (They must be cut into 2 cm-strips)
- Egg - 1 no. (You need to beat it lightly)
- Ready-rolled puff pastry (380-gram pack) - 2 nos.
- Small onion - 1 no. (You have to slice it thinly)
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Medium potato - 1 no.