Cooking time35 min
Cheese muffins have always been a popular dish among a large number of people all round the world. This Cheese and Garlic Muffins recipe teaches you how to prepare a moist and buttery dish that offers an amazing experience for your taste buds. Total time required to prepare this dish is 35 minutes and if you follow the exact quantity of ingredients advocated in this Cheese Muffins recipe, you can serve it for 12 people. First of all, you should preheat oven to 200C/390F (not fan forced): 180C/350F (fan forced).
The next step is to spray a 12- hole standard muffin tin.
Take a microwave proof bowl.
Butter and garlic must be placed onto the bowl.
You need to melt in 30 second bursts.
Keep it warm in the microwave.
Then, all dry ingredients should be sifted together in a bowl.
Now, a well should be made in the centre.
Except grated cheese, all wet ingredients should be added.
You need to mix well and stop when it becomes lumpy thick batter.
Cheese must be stirred through.
Dollop a heaped tablespoon or 1/2 ice cream into each hole.
The next step is to top with a cheese slice.
Then, you must drizzle each one with 1 teaspoon garlic butter.
The remaining batter must be divided between the muffins. (It can be 3/4 ice cream scoop/2 level tablespoons).
The remaining garlic butter should be drizzled over about 1/2 teaspoon each.
It should be baked for 20 to 25 minutes and stop when the muffins become golden on top. (You also need to make sure that it springs back when touched in the centre).
You can serve it warm so that the cheese in the middle is gooey.
- #Dry ingredients#
- Baking powder – 1–1/2 teaspoons.
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Plain flour – 2 cups (250 grams).
- Baking soda or bicarbonate soda – 1/2 teaspoon.
- #Wet ingredients#
- White vinegar – 1 teaspoon. (You can replace it with lemon juice).
- Lightly whisked egg – 1 no.
- Sour cream or plain yoghurt – 3 tablespoons.
- Milk – 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons (220ml).
- Crushed garlic clove – 1 no.
- Vegetable oil – 4 tablespoons. (You can use any plain oil in place of vegetable oil).
- Grated cheddar cheese – 2 cups. (175 to 200 grams)
- Finely chopped fresh parsley – 1/4 cup.
- Crushed garlic cloves – 2 nos.
- Salted butter – 3 oz/ 90 grams.
- Mozzarella or Monetary jack cheese – 12 slices. (3 cm/ 2.5 inch squares).