Cheesy Mashed Potato Pancakes
Cooking time45 min
If you want to know how to make use of the leftover mashed potatoes in the best possible manner, you can follow this cheesy mashed potato pancakes recipe. This is a very simple to dish to make and you can use it as a breakfast with a side of bacon or sausage. The potatoes remain crispy on the outside and you can find them creamy on the inside. It can be made using 5 simple ingredients and the preparation is pretty minimal as well.
Six pancakes can be made using this recipe and total time needed for making it is 30 minutes.
1) The first step is to take a medium pot and cold water has to be poured into the pot.
2) Potatoes should be added to the pot and it needs to be taken to a boil. (The heat needs to be kept high)
3) Then, heat should be reduced to medium and simmered for about 10 minutes. (The simmering process can be stopped when the potatoes become tender)
4) They have to be mashed properly and you need to cool them to room temperature.
5) The next step is to take a big bowl and, salt, onion, cheese, egg and mashed potatoes must be combined in the bowl.
6) A large frying pan or griddle should be heated and you need to keep the heat at medium-high.
7) Non-stick spray needs to be sprayed.
8) The potato mixture has to be scooped onto the hot frying pan or griddle and in order to flattening, it should be pressed down.
9) You need to cook it for 4 to 5 minutes. (Make sure that the mixture becomes crispy and golden)
10) Then, it should be flipped over and cooked for 4 to 5 minutes. ( The cooking process can be stopped when it becomes golden brown)
11) It can be served with green onions, cheese and cream.
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Flour (Optional)
- Green onion - 1 no. (It should be sliced)
- Cheddar cheese - 1/2 cup. (Shredded)
- Large egg- 1 no.
- Little potatoes - 1/2 bag. (The quantity needs to be equivalent to 340 grams and you can use Baby Boomers)