Cheesy Mushroom and Broccoli Casserole
Cooking time45 min
This cheesy mushroom and broccoli casserole recipe is an excellent dish and you must try it if you are ardent lover of super tasty foods. Moreover, it can be prepared quite easily and in a fast manner as well.
If you follow the exact guidelines and quantity of ingredients advocated in this cheesy mushroom and broccoli casserole recipe, you can serve this dish for 6 to 8 people. The total time needed to make this dish comes around 1 hour 10 minutes and the method of preparation can be described as pretty simple.
1) Fist of all, you need to butter a casserole dish.
2) The second step is to take a large pot.
3) Now, 3 tablespoons butter and flour should be melted over medium heat. (Make sure that it turns golden in color for making a quick roux).
4) You have to keep in mind the fact that the roux must resemble the peanut butter’s color.
5) It is the time to add mushrooms.
6) Then, chicken stock, heavy cream, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion and garlic have to be added.
7) Rice, 1 cup of cheese and broccoli should be added.
8) You have to season with pepper and salt.
9) Now, you have to pour it into the buttered dish.
10) The next step is to top with shredded cheddar available.
11) The cheese should be baked for 20 minutes until it is melted and turns golden.
- 1) Butter - 3 tablespoons. (You can keep some more for casserole dish)
- 2) All-purpose flour - 2 tablespoons.
- 3) Shiitake or baby bella mushrooms - 1/2 pound. (They must be sliced).
- 4) Chopped onions - 1/4 cup.
- 5) Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (They should be finely chopped).
- 6) Garlic powder - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 7) Cayenne pepper - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 8) Heavy cream - 1 1/2 cups.
- 9) Chicken stock - 1/2 cup.
- 10) Chopped broccoli – 1 box (10-ounce). (It should be thawed and drained).
- 11Shredded Cheddar-Monterey blend) 2 cups
- 12) Cooked rice – 3 cups.
- 13) Black pepper – to taste. (Freshly ground).
- 14) Salt – to taste.