Cooking time45 min
Have you made clafoutis before? This cherry clafoutis recipe puts forward a very easy way to make a clafoutis for beginners as well as experienced people and it can always be described as a rustic, casual dessert with a captivating taste. You can serve this dish cold or warm according to your own needs and preferences. Normally, this dish is not served with any accompaniment and you can make it in one day advance as well. The yield of this cherry clafoutis recipe is 8 servings.
1) The oven has to be preheated to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) You have to take a 2-liter shallow baking dish and it should be smeared with butter in a liberal way.
3) The cherries must be stemmed and pitted and they need to be layered in a single layer in the baking dish.
4) Take a standard blender or an immersion blender, and milk, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, flour and eggs must be mixed. You can stop when the mixture becomes smooth.
5) The batter should be poured over the cherries and 3 tablespoons of sugar have to be used for sprinkling over the batter and the fruit.
6) The clafoutis need to be baked for around 45 minutes so that the custard gets set. (You can check by poking a knife in the center and if it comes out relatively clean, you can come to the conclusion that it is set)
- Low fat or whole milk – 1 1/3 cup.
- Sugar – 1/2 cup or 100 grams. (You need to keep 45 grams more)
- Almond extract – 1/8 teaspoon.
- Softened butter – To prepare the baking dish.
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon.
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup.
- Large eggs – 3 nos.
- Sweet cherries – 1 1/4 pounds.