Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
Cooking time30 mins
Chicken dishes are always known as epitome of taste and satisfaction. Pineapple is a healthy and delicious fruit with a lot of anti-inflammatory benefits. What about combining chicken and pineapple in a harmonious manner? This Chicken and Pineapple Skewers recipe teaches you how to prepare an absolutely amazing summer dish that offers an unbelievable experience for your taste buds. The total time required to make this Chicken and Pineapple Skewers dish comes around 30 minutes and it can be prepared in a speedy manner as well. First of all, you have to whisk together low sodium sauce, garlic, ketchup, Splenda ® No Calorie Sweetener, ginger and pineapple juice.
Then, you have to pour this mixture into a large re-sealable bag.
Now, the chicken should be added to the bag.
The next step is to marinate the mixture in the refrigerator at least for 4 hours and it can be done up to overnight.
It is the time to thread chicken peppers, onions and pineapple into the skewers.
The bag with marinade should be discarded.
You have to heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Each skewer must be brushed olive oil.
Season with pepper and salt.
The next step is to grill skewers. (You have to turn occasionally until the chicken is finely charred).
This process should be performed for about 12 minutes (The chicken should be cooked through).
The dish is ready to serve you can serve this dish with lime wedges.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs – 8 nos. (You need to cut each chicken thigh into 2 pieces).
- Pineapple juice – 1/4 cup.
- Ketchup – 1 teaspoon.
- Low sodium soy sauce – 1/4 cup.
- Minced garlic cloves – 2 nos.
- Splenda ® No Calorie Sweetener – 3 teaspoons. (Granulated)
- Olive oil – for brushing purposes.
- Cubed fresh pineapple – 1- 1/2 cups.
- Medium red sized onion – 1 no. (It should be cut into pieces).
- Salt – to taste.
- Large bell peppers – 2 nos. (They should be cut into pieces).
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste.
- Garlic cloves – 2nos. (They should be minced).
- Lime wedges – for serving purposes.