Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
Cooking time45 min
Are you interested in preparing a versatile dish that blends cooked rice a wide range of ingredients to deliver a unique and appealing flavor? This chicken and sausage jambalaya recipe puts forward the best method to make such a dish. You can make 8 servings with this chicken and sausage jambalaya recipe and total time need for cooking comes around 50 minutes.
1) Olive oil has to be heated in a Dutch oven and the heat must be kept at medium-high.
2) Chicken and sausage should be added to the oven.
3) They need to be cooked for 8 to 10 minutes and you need to keep on stirring continuously. (Stop when the chicken and sausage turn brown on all sides)
4) After the cooking process, they must be transferred to paper towels with the help of a slotted spoon and they have to be blotted with paper towels.
5) Oregano, thyme, Creole seasoning, bay leaves, garlic, celery, bell pepper and onion have to be added to the hot drippings.
6) They should be cooked for 5 to 7 minutes and heat needs to be kept at medium-high. (You must stop when vegetables become tender)
7) Rice needs to be stirred in and cooked for 3 minutes.
8) Sausage, chicken, tomatoes and chicken broth should be stirred in and brought to a boil over high heat.
9) After covering and reducing the heat to medium, they have to be simmered for 20 minutes by stirring occasionally. (Stop when the rice turns tender)
10) If you want, sliced scallions can be used to garnish.
- Fire roasted tomatoes - 2 Cans or 14.5 ounces (Diced)
- Sliced scallions (Optional)
- Chicken broth - 3 cups.
- Uncooked converted rice - 2 cups.
- Dried oregano - 1 teaspoon.
- Dried thyme - 1 teaspoon.
- Creole seasoning - 1 tablespoon.
- Bay leaves - 2 nos.
- Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (Minced)
- Chopped celery - 1 cup.
- Large green bell pepper - 1 no. (Chopped and quantity needs to be 1 1/2 cups.)
- Large white onion - 1 no. (Chopped and the quantity should be equivalent to 2 cups)
- Smoked sausage - 1 pound. (You can use Conecuh sausage and it must be cut into one-inch pieces.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs - 2 pounds. (You must cut them into 1.5-inch cubes)
- Canola oil - 1 tablespoon.