Cooking time45 min
If you want to make an amazingly flavorful dish that blends the best qualities of chicken and rice, you can follow this chicken bog recipe. If you follow the guidelines mentioned in this chicken bog recipe, you can make 4 servings and the total time needed for making this dish is 30 minutes.
1) Take a Dutch oven and it needs to be heated after pouring oil. (Keep the heat medium-high)
2) Carrots and onions should be added and cooked for 4 minutes while keep on stirring occasionally. (You can stop when they become soften)
3) Pepper, salt, rice and garlic must be added and cooked for 3 minutes. (You can stop when fragrance comes out and rise starts to toast)
4) Stock has to be stirred in and then, parmesan rind should be added.
5) They should be brought to a boil.
6) The next step is to change the heat to low and it should be covered and simmered for 18 minutes. (You can stop when the rice is cooked through)
7) After uncovering, the rind has to be discarded.
8) Chicken must be stirred in and cooked for 5 minutes. (You need to stop when the chicken is heated through)
9) Lemon juice and parsley have to be stirred in and shaved parmesan can be used as toppings.
- Parmesan cheese - 1 1/2 ounces. (Shaved)
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 tablespoon.
- Fresh flat leaf parsley - 3 tablespoons. (Chopped)
- Shredded rotisserie chicken - 4 cups. (It must be boneless and skinless)
- Parmesan cheese rind - 1 piece (4-inch)
- Chicken stock - 4 cups.
- Black pepper - 3/4 teaspoon.
- Kosher salt - 1 teaspoon.
- Long grain white rice (Uncooked) - 1 1/2 cups.
- Chopped garlic - 2 teaspoons.
- Chopped carrots - 1 cup.
- Yellow onion - 1 cup. (Chopped)
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.