Cooking time10 min
Do you want to create a festive ambiance to your dinner party? This Chicken Fajitas can be described as a festive and easy choice for weeknight dinners and you can choose store-brought rotisserie chicken to save time in the kitchen. For topping purposes, you can use sour cream, sliced green onions, sliced avocado or prepared guacamole and salsa. With the recommended quantity of ingredients in this chicken fajitas recipe, you can serve it for 4 people. The preparation time for this recipe is 15 minutes and the cooking time comes around 10 minutes. First of all, you need to heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Then, you must add onion.
Bell pepper and salt should be added as well.
Cook for 3 minutes.
The next step is to add garlic, chili powder and cumin.
Again, cook for 1 minute until vegetables become crisp tender.
Now, you can remove from heat.
2 tablespoons cilantro and 2 tablespoons lime juice should be stirred in.
Based on package directions, you have to heat tortillas.
Take a small bowl.
Remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 2 tablespoons cilantro and 4 tablespoons lime juice should be whisked together in the bowl.
Season with salt.
The dressing should be drizzled over chicken.
Toss to coat.
Then, you must arrange warm tortillas, chicken and vegetables on platter.
The dish is ready and it should be served with toppings.
- Sliced onion – 1 no.
- Salt – to taste.
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons. (It should be divided).
- Red, orange or yellow bell peppers – 2 (You can use a combination of these and it should be cored and sliced as well).
- Minced garlic cloves – 2
- Ground chili powder – 1 teaspoon.
- Fresh lime juice – 6 tablespoons. (It should be divided)
- Flour tortillas – 8 (8-inch)
- Ground cumin – 1 1/4 teaspoons.
- Roasted whole chicken – 1 (3 to 4 pound and it should be chopped).
- Chopped, fresh cilantro – 1/4 cup. (It should be divided).