Chicken Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Penne
Cooking time45 min
Many people have always been ardent lovers of chicken sausages. Chicken sausage is a very good source of protein and your body gets a lot of iron when you consume these sausages. This chicken sausage and broccoli rabe penne recipe teaches you how to prepare a tasty dish with absolute ease and comfort. With the quantity of ingredients mentioned in this chicken sausage and broccoli rabe penne recipe, you can serve it for 4 people (serving size – 1 1/2 cups). Firstly, you need to take a large saucepan.
Pour 2 quarts of water into the pan.
Bring to a boil.
The next step is to add pasta.
Then, you need to cook for 2 minutes.
Broccoli rabe must also be added.
Again, you need to cook for 2 minutes.
Now, the pasta mixture should be drained.
Reserve 2/3 cup cooking liquid.
At the same time, you have to keep the pasta warm as well.
Then, a large skillet should be heated over medium heat.
Oil needs to be added to the pan.
It should be swirled to coat.
Sausages must be added to the pan.
They should be cooked for 6 minutes until turn brown.
The important thing is that you need to stir occasionally.
The next step is to add 2/3 cup reserved cooking liquid.
Add pasta mixture.
Pepper should be added.
Salt also has to be added to the pan.
Bring to a boil.
Then, cook for 2 minutes until reduced slightly.
The juice must be stirred in.
Now, you can sprinkle with cheese.
- Uncooked multigrain penne pasta – 8 ounces.
- Grated pecorino Romano cheese – 2 ounces (about 1/2cup).
- Water – 2 quarts.
- Fresh lemon juice – 1-1/2 tablespoons.
- Broccoli rabe – 1 pound. It should be trimmed and coarsely chopped).
- Kosher salt – 1/8 teaspoon.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Smoked chicken sausages – 2 (3-ounce). (You have to cut each one diagonally into 8 pieces).