Chicken Soup Casserole
Cooking time45 min
How to combine all the best comfort foods for making an excellent dish? You will get the best answer while following this chicken soup casserole recipe. This chicken soup casserole allows you to make 4 to 6 servings.
1) After having preheated oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit, a casserole pan must be greased using non-stick spray and butter (A 9x13 pan is the best option) and set aside.
2) Take a big heavy bottomed pot and butter (4 tablespoons) should be melted over medium-high heat.
3) The next step is to add garlic and it should be sauteed for 30 seconds.
4) Mixed veggies, celery and onion must be added and cooked for 7 minutes. (Stop when it wilts)
5) Remaining butter has to be added and melted.
6) Flour should be stirred in and cooked for 2 minutes and ensure that everything is well combined.
7) Chicken stock needs to be added (half and half) while stirring well after every addition.
8) It has to be cooked for 5 minutes. (Stop when it thickens)
9) It is the time to stir in chicken and then, you must season to taste.
10) You have to place the mixture into prepared casserole pan.
11) The crescent dough should be rolled into 2 rectangles.
12) For forming one rectangle, perforations and edges must be pressed.
13) Now, you need to put the dough over the chicken mixture.
14) It should be baked for 12 to 15 minutes and ensure that the crust becomes golden brown.
15) It can be served immediately.
- Butter - 1/2 cup (Divided)
- Large garlic cloves – 3 nos. (Minced)
- Diced yellow onion 0 2 cups.
- Celery (Chopped) - 1 1/2 cups.
- Frozen mixed veggies – 3 cups. (You have to take carrots, green beans, peas and corn)
- All purpose flour - 5 tablespoons.
- Chicken stock - 1 1/2 cups. (Divide it into 1 cup and half cup)
- Cooked and shredded chicken – 4 cups.
- Fresh peeper (Cracked) – to taste.
- Salt - to taste
- Cayenne pepper - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Refrigerated crescent rolls - 1 Can or 8 ounces.