Cooking time30 min
How to make a very simple but stunningly delicious chicken stew? This recipe puts forward a simple way of making a chicken stew with full of flavors. If you use the same quantity of ingredients recommended in this chicken stew recipe, you can make 4 servings. The preparation time needed is 10 minutes and the cooking time comes around 30 minutes.
1) Butter has to be melted in a large pot over medium heat.
2) Onion, celery and carrot must be added and this mixture should be seasoned with pepper and salt.
3) They need to be cooked for 5 minutes while stirring often and stop when the vegetables turn tender.
4) Garlic has to be added and cooked for 30 seconds. (You can stop when fragrance comes out)
5) The next step is to add flour and you have to stir well to create a coating on the vegetables.
6) Then, chicken broth, potatoes, bay leaf, thyme and chicken have to be added and seasoned with pepper and salt.
7) This mixture must be brought to a simmer and cooked for 15 minutes. (You can stop when the potatoes become tender and chicken no longer remains pink)
8) Now, take out chicken from the pot and place it on a medium-sized bowl.
9) The chicken needs to be shredded into small pieces with the help of two forks before returning it to the pot.
10) Parsley can be used to garnish prior to serving.
- Chopped parsley - 2 tablespoons.
- Low sodium chicken broth - 3 c.
- Baby potatoes - 3/4 lb. (They must be quartered)
- Chicken breasts - 1 1/2 lb.
- Bay leaf- 1 no.
- Thyme sprigs - 3 nos.
- Flour - 1 tablespoon.
- Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (They need to be minced)
- Black pepper - to taste. (Freshly ground)
- Kosher salt - to taste.
- Celery stick - 1 no. (It must be chopped).
- Large carrots - 2 nos. (They have to be peeled and chopped into one pieces)
- Butter - 2 tablespoons.