Cooking time45 min
Do you want to know how to make a stunningly delicious chicken dish? This chicken tetrazzini recipe discusses the best method of preparing such a dish.
Total time needed for cooking is 1 hour and 35 minutes and you can serve this chicken tetrazzini for 6 to 8 people.
1) The oven must be preheated to 450 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Take a 9×2-inch baking dish and 1 tablespoon butter needs to be spread over the dish.
3) Butter and oil (1 tablespoon each) should be melted in a large nonstick frying pan. (The heat must be kept medium to high heat).
4) Salt and pepper (1/2 teaspoon each) must be sprinkled over the chicken.
5) The chicken must be added to the hot pan and cooked for 4 minutes per side until it becomes pale golden.
6) The chicken has to be transferred to a plate and let cool.
7) Now, you must shred the chicken into bite-size pieces and keep them in a large bowl.
8) 1 tablespoon butter and oil need to be added to the same pan.
9) Now, you can add mushrooms and saute for 1 or 2 minutes. (Make sure that the heat remains medium-high and the liquid is evaporated to make the mushrooms pale golden). 10) The next step is to add the garlic, thyme and onion.
11) Saute until the onion for 8 minutes until the onion turns translucent.
12) Now, wine has to be added simmered for 2 minutes until wine evaporates.
13) The mushroom mixture has to be transferred to the bowl along with the chicken.
14) 3 tablespoons butter should be melted in the same pan. (Make sure that the heat remains medium-low heat).
15) The flour has to be added and whisked for 2 minutes.
16) Remaining pepper, remaining salt, nutmeg, broth, cream and milk must be whisked in. 17) The pan must be covered and brought to a boil.
18) Cover and simmer for 10 minutes (Make sure that the heat remains high and the sauce gets thickened).
19) Keep on whisking often during these 10 minutes.
21) A large pot of salted water must be brought to a boil.
22) The linguine needs to be added and cooked for 9 minutes until it becomes tender but firm to the bite. (Keep on stirring occasionally).
23) Now, you must drain and, parsley, peas, sauce and linguine must be added to the chicken mixture.
24) It should be tossed until the pasta is coated with sauce and also make sure that the mixture properly blended.
25) The pasta mixture has to be transferred to the prepared baking dish.
26) Breadcrumbs and cheese should be stirred in a small bowl to blend and it must be sprinkled over the pasta.
27) Dot with the remaining butter.
28) It needs to be baked uncovered for 25 minutes until it turns golden brown on top and make sure that the sauce bubbles.
- 1) Olive oil – 2 tablespoons.
- 2) Butter - 9 tablespoons.
- 3) Salt – 2 1/4 teaspoons.
- 4) Boneless skinless chicken breasts – 4 nos.
- 3) Black pepper - 1 1/4 teaspoons. (Freshly ground).
- 6) White mushrooms - 1 pound. (They should be sliced).
- 7) Garlic cloves – 5 nos. (They must be sliced).
- 8) Large onions – 1no. (Finely chopped)
- 9) Dry white wine – 1/2 cup.
- 10) All purpose flour – 1/3 cup.
- 11) Chopped fresh thyme leaves – 1 tablespoon.
- 12) Whole milk – 4 cups.
- 13) Ground nutmeg – 1/8 teaspoon
- 14) Heavy whipping cream -1 cup.
- 15) Chicken broth – 1 cup.
- 16) Linguine - 12 ounces.
- 17) Italian parsley leaves – 1/4 cup. (It should be chopped).
- 18) Frozen peas - 3/4 cup.
- 19) Dried Italian style breadcrumbs – 1/4 cup.
- 20) Grated Parmesan – 1 cup.