Chicken Tikka Masala
Cooking time45 min
This chicken tikka masala recipe teaches you how to make an amazingly tasteful dish and you can learn how to combine the aromatic spices to make it creamy and rich.
Total cooking time needed is 3 hours and 5 minutes and, with the quantity of ingredients advocated in this chicken tikka masala recipe, you can serve it for 4 people.
1) Take a food processor and garlic and ginger should be pureed by adding 1/4 cup water.
2) Tale a small skillet and, the cumin seeds and coriander should be toasted for 3 minutes. (The heat should be kept at medium-high and stop when fragrance comes out.
3) They have to be pulsed in a spice grinder until finely ground.
4) 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon of the turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon of the sugar, lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the paprika, yogurt, 2 teaspoons of the cumin-coriander mixture and 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic puree must be whisked together.
5) The chicken need to be tossed in to make coat and the bowl should be covered using a plastic wrap.
6) Marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
7) The butter has to be heated in a Dutch oven. Heat should be medium).
8) Serrano peppers and onions need to be added and cooked for 5 minutes. (You can stop when the onions become tender and soft.
9) Turmeric, paprika, remaining cumin-coriander mixture and 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic puree must be stirred in continuously for 3 minutes for cooking the spices.
10) 1 1/2 cups of water, tomatoes and their juice, and the remaining 1 teaspoon sugar have to be added.
11) It must be simmered by covering partially for 25 minutes. (The heat needs to be kept at medium-low).
12) The broiler has to be preheated.
13) The excess marinade from the chicken thighs must be scraped off and they should be laid spaced apart on a rack that is placed over a baking sheet.
14) The salt must be sprinkled in light way over the chicken and it should be placed 5 inches from the broiler.
15) It should be broiled for 5 minutes.
16) The chicken pieces should be flipped and broiled for 3 minutes. (Make sure that the chicken is reasonably cooked through and a meat thermometer should record 165 Degrees Fahrenheit.
17) It should be transferred to a big bowl.
18) The cream and Garam masala should be stirred into the sauce and simmered for 5 more minutes.
19) It needs to be poured over the chicken and the cilantro should also be stirred in. (Make sure that a coating is formed over the chicken).
20) It can be divided in 4 plates and you can serve it with steamed rice.
- 1) Garlic cloves – 5nos. (They must be chopped roughly).
- 2) Coin ginger (1 1/2-inch) – 1 no (It must be peeled and chopped roughly).
- 3) Coriander seeds - 2 teaspoons.
- 4) Cumin seeds - 2 teaspoons.
- 5) Greek yogurt - 1 cup.
- 6) Paprika - 3 teaspoons.
- 7) Lemon juice -2 teaspoons.
- 8) Sugar - 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- 9) Ground turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 10) Cayenne pepper - 1/4 teaspoon.
- 11) Kosher salt – to taste.
- 12) Black pepper (freshly ground) – to taste.
- 13) Chicken thighs – 1 1/2 pounds. (It must be skinless and boneless and, you should halve it into big chunks).
- 14) Unsalted butter - 3 tablespoons.
- 15) Medium sized onion – 1 no. (It must be finely chopped)
- 16) Serrano pepper- 1 no. (You can use it with or without seeds but it should be sliced thinly sliced into half moons).
- 17) Whole peeled tomatoes (28-ounce can) – 1 no. (It should be quartered).
- 18) Heavy cream - 1/4 cup.
- 19) Garam masala- 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- 20) Fresh cilantro - 2 tablespoons (chopped).
- 21) Steamed white rice - For serving purposes.