Cooking time45 min
This chickpea Bajane recipe teaches you how to make a good midday meal with exceptional flavor. If you use the correct quantity of ingredients as mentioned in this chickpea Bajane recipe, you can serve it for 4 people.
1) 2 teaspoons oil must be heated in a big saucepan and the heat needs to be kept medium to high heat.
2) 1 minced garlic clove should be added to the pan and sauted for 1 minute.
3) 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, quinoa, 1 cup water and 1 cup broth needs to be added
4) The pan has to be covered and simmered for 15 minutes. (You must ensure that quinoa becomes tender and liquid is absorbed).
5) It should be removed from heat and fluffed using a fork.
6) Take a Dutch oven and 1 teaspoon oil must be heated over medium to high heat.
7) Garlic cloves (4 nos) and leek have to be added.
8) Then, saute for 5 minutes and make sure that cloves become tender.
9) Then, fennel seeds, carrot, fennel bulb and remaining 1 teaspoon oil must be added and sauteed foe 10 minutes. (Make sure that vegetables turn golden).
10) Wine needs to be added and cooked for 3 minutes. (The liquid must fully evaporate).
11) Chickpeas, thyme (2 teaspoons) and remaining 1 cup broth should be stirred in.
12) They must be cooked for 1 minute (Make sure that they are thoroughly heated).
13) Take out from heat and spinach, pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and juice have to be stirred in.
14) Take 4 bowls and 2/3 cup quinoa must be placed in each of the 4 bowls.
15) 1 1/2 cups chickpea mixture should be used to top each serving.
16) Each serving must also be served with 1/2 teaspoon thyme.
- 1) Extra virgin olive oil - 4 teaspoons. (It should be divided).
- 2) Garlic clove 1 no. (It should be minced).
- 3) Organic vegetable broth 2 cups. (It must be divided and checked for gluten).
- 4) Water - 1 cup.
- 5) Uncooked quinoa 1 cup.
- 6) Fresh thyme - 5 1/2 teaspoons. (Chopped and divided)
- 7) Salt - 1/2 teaspoon. (Divided)
- 8) Leek - 2 cups (It must be thinly sliced).
- 9) Garlic cloves - 4 nos. (They need to be chopped).
- 10) Fennel bulb - 2 1/2 cups. (It needs to be sliced).
- 11) Sliced carrot - 1 3/4 cups (The thickness must be 1/4-inch).
- 12) Fennel seeds - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 13) White wine - 1/2 cup.
- 14) No-salt chickpeas Garbanzo beans) - 1 can. (The quantity must be equivalent to 15-ounce and they need to be rinsed and drained)
- 15) Fresh lemon juice - 1 tablespoon.
- 16) Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon. (Freshly ground).
- 17) Fresh baby spinach - 1 package (6-ounce).