Childrens Spring rolls
Cooking time25 min
This childrens spring rolls recipe teaches you how to make a really healthy dish for your children.If use the exact quantity of ingredients mentioned in this childrens spring rolls recipe; you can make 8 to 10 rolls. The preparation time is 40 minutes and the cooking time comes around 25 minutes.
1) Oven must be heated to 200 Degree Celsius/180 Degree Celsius fan/Gas 6.
2) The noodles, chicken, prawn and vegetables must be kept in separate bowls and allow the children to take their own mixing bowl and spoon. (You can allow the children to choose the ingredients they want in the rolls; all the ingredients can be eaten raw or cooked).
3) A small quantity of Ginger and garlic must be added and, sprinkling of five-spice and a small dash of soy should be added to each bowl. (You can ask the children to mix all ingredients together).
4) The pastry sheet must be laid and the filling needs to be spooned down one side of each sheet before brushing the eaten egg around the edges. (If you want childrens participation, you ca ask them to do this task).
5) It should be rolled up by folding both sides over the filling and then, the spring rolls must be lifted onto a baking tray by keeping the seam side down. .
6) A bit more egg must be used to brush and sesame seeds have to be sprinkled.
7) The rolls should be baked to 20 to 25 minutes and stop when it turns golden and crisp.
8) In order to make the dipping sauce; all ingredients must be mixed and make sure that the sugar is dissolved properly.
9) The spring rolls can be removed from the oven and allow to cool.
10) They must be cut into small pieces and the rolls can be dipped into the sauce before eating.
- Cooked rice noodles (from the chiller cabinet) - 300 grams.
- Cooked prawns - 140 grams.
- Mixed vegetables - 400 grams. (You can use red peppers, spring onions, beansprouts, cabbage, shredded Chinese leaf and carrots and, they should be sliced and kept in separate bowls).
- Garlic cloves - 2 no. (They need to be finely chopped).
- Cooked chicken or duck - 100 grams. (It should be shredded).
- Light soy sauce - a splash.
- Ginger - a small piece. (It needs to be finely chopped).
- Brik or filo pastry -8 to 10 sheets.
- Chinese five-spice powder - for sprinkling purposes.
- Beaten egg - 1 no.
- Sesame seeds - for sprinkling purposes.
- #Ingredients for the dipping sauce#
- Caster sugar - a pinch.
- Reduced salt and sugar ketchup - 100 grams.
- Ginger - small piece. (Grated)
- White vinegar - 1 tablespoon.