Cooking time45 min
How to make a unique and innovative dish using mussels? This chilli mussels recipe is the best answer to this question. If you are using the exact quantity of ingredients advocated in this chilli mussels recipe, you can make 6 servings and the cooking process can be completed within 25 minutes.
1) Oil must be heated in a large pan and the heat needs to be kept at medium level.
2) Ginger, chilies, garlic and shallot have to be added to the pan.
3) They need to be stir-fried for 2 to 3 minutes. (You can stop when the shallot becomes softened)
4) The next step is to add the mussels.
5) 3 tablespoon of water should also be added.
6) The heat must be increased to high.
7) The pan has to be covered in a tight way and you have to cook for 3 minutes. (You must be alert to give the pan an occasional shake and it is being done to allow the mussels to release their flavor.
8) The lid of the saucepan must be taken out and you have to stir all the ingredients well.
9) When the mussels start opening, they have to be removed to a deep serving bowl.
10) The mussels that have not opened after 5 minutes should be discarded.
11) Soy sauce and oyster sauce have to be added to the emptied pan.
12) The broth has to be boiled for 2 minutes.
13) Season to taste.
14) Spring onions need to be added and then, it should be poured over the mussels.
- Spring onions - 4 nos. (Green parts sliced)
- Light soy sauce - 1 tablespoon.
- Oyster sauce - 1 tablespoon.
- Mussels - 1.5 kg. (You need to remove the beards)
- Fresh ginger (5-cm piece) - 1 no. (It must be thinly sliced)
- Large red chili - 1 or 2 nos. (They need to be sliced)
- Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (They have to be crushed)
- Shallot - 1 no. (It must be sliced)
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons.