Chinese Noodle Soup
Cooking time15 min
Do you want to learn how to make a restaurant quality Chinese soup? This Chinese Noodle Soup recipe teaches you how to prepare a simple soup that is amazingly delicious and it can be described as a highly versatile one as well. Total time needed to make this Chinese Noodle Soup is 15 minutes and you can serve it for 2 people with the quantity advocated in this recipe. First of all, you have to take a saucepan.
Add all broth ingredients to the pan and place it over high heat.
Then, you need to place the lid on.
Bring to simmer.
Reduce the heat to medium high.
The next step is to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. (It is being done to allow the flavors to infuse).
At the same time; you must cook noodles as per packet instructions.
Now, you need to cut the vegetables to preferred size.
For Bok choy, you must cut them into quarters. (It can be done by cutting a cross into the base and tearing it into neat quarters using your hands.
It is the time to pick garlic and ginger out of the soup broth.
Bok choy should be added.
Cook for 60 seconds
Then, chicken must be added and the stove needs to be turned off.
The next step is to place the noodles in bowls.
Soup and toppings should be divided between bowls.
Shallots can be used for garnishing.
You can serve it with fresh chilli or chilli paste.
- Light soy sauce – 1-1/2 tablespoons. (It should be normal all purpose soy sauce).
- Chicken broth – 3 cups/750ml.
- Sliced ginger – 1/3 or 1 cm-piece.
- Garlic cloves – 2 nos. (They should be smashed).
- Sesame oil – 1/2 – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chinese cooking wine – 1-1/2 tablespoons.
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons.
- #Toppings and Noodles#
- Shredded cooked chicken – 1 cup. (You can use other protein of choice as well).
- Fresh egg noodles – 6 oz/180 grams.
- Finely sliced green part of scallion/shallot – 1 no.
- Bok choy plus/ or other vegetables of choice – 2 large nos.