Chorizo and Couscous Stuffed Marrow
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to make a stuffed marrow dish that offers an endearing taste for a very long period of time? This chorizo and couscous stuffed marrow recipe teaches you how to make such a dish. If use the quantity of ingredients mentioned in this recipe, you can make 4 servings and the cooking time comes around one hour.
1) The oven has to be preheated to 390 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) The marrow should be sliced length-ways and all seeds have to be scooped out before placing on a roasting tray.
3) The couscous should be placed in a bowl and, lemon juice and boiling water need to be added before covering with a clingfilm.
4) Set aside for 5 minutes to soak well.
5) A frying pan must be heated and olive oil needs to be added.
6) After adding onion, it should be stir-fried for 3 to 4 minutes and stop when it becomes soft.
7) Then, chorizo has to be added and fried for 2 minutes. (Stop when it becomes crispy and releases juice).
8) It must be added to the couscous and you should also add herbs, tomatoes and pepper.
9) All these ingredients have to be mixed well and seasoned with pepper and salt.
10) This mixture must be spooned into the center of the two marrow halves.
11) It should be baked for 20 minutes and stop when marrow becomes tender and piping hot. (You can check whether the marrow is done by tipping a knife into the side. If it offers some resistance, it is perfectly fine)
- Salt - to taste.
- Black pepper - to taste.
- Coriander - 1 tablespoon. (Roughly chopped)
- Mint (roughly chopped) - 1 tablespoon.
- Roughly chopped parsley - 1 tablespoon.
- Vine ripened tomatoes - 2 nos. (They must be de-seeded and chopped)
- Red pepper (Roasted and finely sliced) - 1 no.
- Chorizo - 100 grams. (They need to be cut into small chunks).
- Finely sliced red onion - 1 no.
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Lemon juice - Taken from one lemon.
- Couscous - 100 grams.
- Large marrow - 1 no. (It should be peeled)