Couscous Salad with Chicken and Vegetables
Cooking time15 min
Do you want to prepare a tasty salad that offers a harmonious blend of chicken and vegetables? This couscous salad with chicken and chopped vegetables recipe gives clear cut instructions on how to prepare a captivating salad and a sophisticated flavor can always be associated with this wonderful dish. Preparation of salad
First of all, you need to take a medium saucepan.
Pour water into the pan.
Add 1 teaspoon oil.
Salt must also be added.
Bring to a boil.
Then, the couscous needs to be stirred in a gradual manner.
Remove from heat.
Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
You have to fluff with a fork.
Then, transfer to a large bowl.
Cool to room temperature.
The next step is to heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Remaining oil should be added to the pan.
Then, you have to add bell pepper, mushrooms and zucchini as well.
Now, you must saute for 4 minutes until bell pepper becomes tender.
It is the time to add pepper mixture, onions, carrot, black pepper, currants, mint and chicken.
You must toss in gentle manner to combine all the ingredients.
The dish is ready to serve.
Preparation of dressing
You should combine yogurt, lemon juice, honey and white vinegar.
The next step is stirring with a whisk.
Then, drizzle over couscous mixture.
Toss in a gentle manner to combine.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon. (It should be divided).
- Chopped yellow bell pepper – 1 cup.
- Water – 1 1/2 cups.
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoon.
- Finely chopped zucchini – 1/2 cup.
- Uncooked couscous – 1 cup.
- Chopped mushrooms – 1/2 cup.
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon.
- Skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken – 1 1/2 cups. (It should be chopped).
- Finley chopped fresh mint – 3 tablespoons.
- Carrot – 1/2 cup. (They should be diagonally cut and the thickness must be 1/8 inch.
- Dried currants – 3 tablespoons.
- Thinly sliced green onions – 1/4 cup.
- Fresh lemon juice – 3 tablespoons.
- Plain low-fat yogurt – 1 cup.
- White wine vinegar – 1 tablespoon.
- Honey – 1 tablespoon.