Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Cooking time40 min
A creamy soup is a great dish that works well with any meal especially during cold season. Today, we’re going to make cream of cauliflower soup that will really tickle your taste buds and warm up your cold nights and give you an appetite for all of your meals.
This soup will need 20 minutes of preparation and roughly 40 minutes to cook thoroughly for a total of 1 hour cooking time.
1. Prepare a large pot over the stove in medium heat. First melt the butter in the large pot.
2. Then add the garlic and the onions and cook them until the onions become translucent. Make sure the onions are chopped and the garlic is minced before throwing into the potThis may take up to 5 minutes.
3. Now stir in the cubed potatoes and chopped carrots. Cook this for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth until the mixture starts to boil.
5. Stir in the cauliflower then reduce the heat. Cover the pot and let it simmer until the vegetables are tender. This should be another 10-20 minutes. Afterwards, remove the hit.
6. In batches, start to puree your vegetables in a blender or food processor. If you have an immersion blender you can do the blending directly in the pot.
7. Once done with the blending, return the low heat and add in the milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sherry. Heat through the mixture.
8. Serve the garlic soup with parsley on top.
- 1 large chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large potatoes that have been peeled and cut to cubes
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cans or 14.5 ounces of chicken broth
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of dry sherry
- And of course 1 head of chopped cauliflower