Cooking time45 min
You might have come across a lot of sprouts recipes, but this creamed sprouts recipe is different. It offers a wonder eating experience and you can make this dish in a simple and speedy way. All these ingredients are easily available and you can demonstrate your cooking skills to your guests.
If you follow this creamed sprouts recipe correctly, you can make 8 servings and within 35 minutes, you can make this wonderful dish.
1) The brussel sprout should be cooked in a big saucepan after pouring boiling salted water for 5 to 7 minutes. (You can stop when the sprouts become just tender)
2) Then, you have to drain it and it should be refreshed in a bowl of cold water.
3) Allow to cool and then, drain in a proper way.
4) The sprouts must be sliced in half. (You can do this process 24 hours before serving)
5) Oil has to be heated in a large frying pan.
6) The lardons should be added.
7) They must be cooked covered over low to medium heat and you can stop when they become crisp.
8) While the lardons are getting cooked, garlic and cream must be brought to boil in a small saucepan.
9) As mentioned above, when the lardons become crisp; the halved sprouts must be added to the frying pan and they should be heated through while keep on stirring.
10) The cream has to be added and mixed well.
11) You need to season with pepper and salt before transferring to a serving dish.
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (They need to be crushed)
- Double cream - 250 ml.
- Cubetti or Lardons or streaky bacon - 250 grams. (It should be cut into strips)
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Brussel sprout - 1 kg. (It must be trimmed)