Creamy Asparagus and Pea Soup
Cooking time45 min
How to make a delicious soup that brings peas, asparagus and peas and several green together? You do not have to search anywhere else because this creamy asparagus and pea soup recipe puts forward an uncomplicated way of making an incredible soup. You can make 4 servings with this recipe and total time required for cooking is 30 minutes.
1) Oven should be preheated to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Asparagus must be spread on a bare baking sheet.
3) Olive oil has to be drizzled and seasoned in a light manner with the help of pepper and salt before tossing to coat.
4) It needs to be roasted for 15 minutes and you have to keep it in a safe place.
5) If you are preparing croutons, heat should be reduced to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit.
6) A big saucepan must be heated and heat has to be kept at medium.
7) When the pan becomes hot, two tablespoons garlic, shallot and oil should be added.
8) Pepper and salt have to be added to season in light way and stirred to coat as well.
9) It must be cooked for 2 to 3 minutes and you can stop when fragrance comes out and becomes translucent.
10) Heat needs to be reduced if garlic starts browning and almond milk, vegetable broth and peas have to be added before seasoning with pepper and salt.
11) After putting the soup and asparagus into a blender, they have to be blended until it becomes smooth and creamy. After the blending process, you need to move it to a pot prior to bringing to simmer at medium level heat.
12) Yeast should be added and whisked and then, the cooking process must be continued to warm through. The next task is the simmering process and the heat needs to be reduced to low.
13) After tasting and adjusting the seasonings, you can add some more pepper and salt if required.
14) It should be taken out from the heat and lemon must be added.
1) After lowering the heat to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit, bread crumbs have to be placed on a mixing bowl and in a different bowl, seasonings and oil should be whisked together.
2) It should be poured over the bread crumbs and tossed to blend properly.
3) Pepper, salt and garlic powder need to be seasoned and tossed once again.
4) The next step is the process of spreading on a baking sheet and it should be baked for 15 to 20 minutes. (You can stop when it becomes golden brown)
5) It should be flipped at ten-minute mark so that baking becomes even.
6) The soup can be served with vegan parmesan cheese, black pepper and crouton.
- #For the soup#
- Salt – to taste.
- Olive oil. (You can use avocado oil)
- Asparagus - 12 ounces. (You have to trim it)
- Fresh peas - 10 ounces. (You can use frozen peas instead)
- Vegetable broth – 1 1/2 cups.
- Garlic cloves - 4 nos. (Minced)
- Shallot – 1 no. (You need to slice it thinly)
- Almond Breeze plain almond milk (Unsweetened) – 1 1/2 cups.
- Yeast (Nutritional) - 2 tablespoons.
- Lemon juice – taken from 1/2 lemon.
- #For garlic herb croutons (Optional)#
- Garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Bread - 2 cups. (Cubed)
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup.
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Dried oregano – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Dried basil – 1/4 teaspoon.